How to Do TP-Link Extender Setup?
If you have recently purchased a TP-Link extender and now looking to install it, then luckily you have stumbled upon the right page. Here, we are going to give you detailed info on how to do TP Link extender setup in a matter of minutes. Let’s start!
- Plug in your TP Link WiFi extender to a power socket and turn on the power button.
- Before that make sure you connect your extender to your home router. You can establish a connection between your home router and TP Link WiFi extender either with the help of an Ethernet cable or wirelessly, the choice is all yours.
- Once done, open a web browser on your computer and type the default web address of your TP Link WiFi extender into the address field.
- Pressing the Enter key, you will find yourself on the TP Link WiFi extender login page.
- Reaching here, fill in the default login details to their respective fields and click Log In.
- Completion of this particular step will take you to the TP-Link extender setup wizard.
- Thereafter, certain on-screen prompts will appear on your device’s screen.
- Follow all the prompts and complete the TP Link setup process in a hassle-free manner.
Here ends our step-by-step guide on how to do TP-Link extender setup. If you need any further assistance while doing TP Link setup, get in touch with our technical experts for quick assistance.
Can’t do TP Link Extender Setup?
While the process of doing TP Link extender setup is super simple, however, some users find it troublesome, especially non-techies. If you are also facing issues during the process of doing TP-Link extender setup, then check the steps given below and make your extender up and running in a jiffy.
- Make sure your TP Link WiFi extender is within the range of your existing router.
- You are advised to use only an updated web browser for accessing the default web address of your TP Link WiFi extender. If your current web browser is not up-to-date, either switch to another web browser or update the current one.
- Keep your web browser clean by erasing cache, cookies, and browsing history.
- While doing TP Link extender setup, if you have used an Ethernet cable to connect your router and extender, then make sure neither it is damaged nor has cuts.
- Make sure the power outlet to which you have plugged in your TP Link WiFi extender is providing sufficient and fluctuation-free power.
- Keeping your TP Link WiFi extender away from things causing WiFi interference can also help you get success with the TP Link extender setup process. To name a few, you can place your TP Link WiFi extender far from things like refrigerators, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, microwave ovens, cellular phones, etc.
With the implementation of all these points, you will be able to complete TP-Link extender setup in no time.
How to Troubleshoot TP Link Setup Issues?
It has been found that some users are not able to complete TP Link extender setup even after following the hacks given above. If the same is the case with you, worry not! Try the troubleshooting steps given below and complete the process of TP Link setup for enjoying the seamless internet in every corner of your home.
- At times, a minor glitch in your devices can stop you from doing TP Link setup. Thus, power cycle your router as well as TP Link WiFi extender. This can be done by unplugging your devices for a while and then plugging them back into their respective power sockets.
- If the system you are using for doing TP-Link extender setup is having a firewall, an ad-blocker, or an antivirus application installed, then also you may face issues with the process of TP Link setup. To get the issue fixed, temporarily disable all such apps installed on your device and see if the trick works for you or not.
- Check if the web address that is being used by you for accessing the TP-Link extender login page is correct. If there are any typing mistakes in the default web address, then also you would not be able to complete the TP-Link extender setup.
- If the default web address of TP Link WiFi extender is not working for you, try to complete the TP-Link extender setup using the default IP address.
- Use a static IP address for executing the TP Link setup process.
Slow Internet Issues Even After Doing TP Link Setup?
Users also approach us with a question that why they are encountering slow internet issues even after completing the TP-Link extender setup in a successful manner. Well, there could be various reasons behind facing the slow internet issues. Below is the breakdown of the most common issues.
- First and foremost, your TP Link WiFi extender is not configured in a proper manner or is partially configured. If so, reset your extender to the default settings and configure it again from scratch. This will help you fix the slow internet issue.
- Update the firmware of your TP Link range extender. This will not only bring bug fixes to your WiFi device but also enhance its overall performance.
- Perhaps someone is leeching your WiFi and making you experience the slow internet issue. If so, change the password of your TP Link WiFi extender right away. While setting a new password for your device, make sure you add some special characters, digits, and alphabets to it for making it strong and hard-to-crack.
- Change the WiFi channel of your TP Link extender. Possibly, the one that is being used by you is overcrowded.
- Try switching to another DNS server. This can also help you speed up your internet. If you don’t know how to switch to another DNS server, then contact your Internet Service Provider.
- Changing the location of your extender can also bring a difference to the speed of your internet. You are advised to keep your extender in an open area. Ideally, you should mount it on a wall, but not too close to the ceiling.
- Check your WiFi usage. If you have overburdened your extender by connecting a hoard of devices to its network, then also you may experience the slow internet issue even after successfully completing TP-Link extender setup. To rid yourself of the problem, disable the connection of devices you don’t need anymore.
- Lastly, slow internet issues can occur if your internet plan is too slow or you have exceeded your data cap. So, have a nudge on your data package and make sure it is active as per your WiFi needs.
These troubleshooting tips will surely help you fix slow internet issues on your TP Link WiFi extender. If still all your efforts are going in vain and you are unable to make the most of your TP Link range extender, consider contacting our technical experts for quick help.
Our tech support executives are 24×7 available to help you fix TP-Link extender setup issues. So, if you need any assistance while doing TP Link setup, reach out to us at any hour of the day.
TP Link Extender Setup – FAQs
Can I do TP Link extender setup via WPS?
Yes, TP Link extender setup can be done via WPS. However, for this, both your router and TP Link WiFi extender must be supporting WPS button.
How to reset TP Link WiFi extender?
At times, users need to take their extenders back to default settings. There could be various reasons behind that like TP Link WiFi extender not working in a proper manner or you perhaps have forgotten the password of your extender. Whatever the case is, following the steps given below you can reset your TP Link WiFi extender with ease:
- Locate and press the Reset button on your extender.
- Make sure your extender is receiving proper power supply and is not connected to any other device.
- Press the Reset button carefully.
- Your extender will reboot.
That’s it! This is how you can reset your TP Link WiFi extender using the reset button. Once done, don’t forget to execute the TP Link setup process from the beginning for making your device operational.