Easy Method to Update Firmware of TP-Link AX3000
TP-Link AX3000 extenders are really popular gadgets nowadays. Lots of people use them to make their internet super fast all over their homes. They also have cool features that make the internet even better. But, sometimes these extenders can have problems that bother people. Recently, some users have issues related to network and security. These problems can be fixed without performing the TP-link extender reset process. You just need to update the extender’s firmware. If you don’t know how to do the update, don’t worry. In this blog, we will tell you step-by-step how to do it. We advise users to read the entire blog without missing anything important to avoid issues during the update process.
Before proceeding, we would like to tell you about the important requirements of the update process.
Requirements of TP-Link AX3000 Firmware Update
Here we have made a list that contains all the important things that you need during the process:
- An active and stable internet connection from the internet service provider and router.
- A device like a computer, laptop, or mobile.
- Updated internet browser.
- Default web address and IP address.
- Admin details of the device.
Thus, these were the things that you should have in hand to get a successful update on the device. Now, you can proceed further after getting all the things ready.
Steps to Update TP-Link AX3000 Firmware
Power on Extender
- The very first thing you must need to do is plug the extender into a working wall outlet.
- Press the power button to turn on the device.
- Wait for some time until the device is powered on properly.
- Once the device is booted up properly, you can proceed further.
Connect Extender to Router
- Take Ethernet cable.
- Insert one end into the extender and another into router.
- Make sure connection between the devices is finger tight.
Power on Computer
- Now, you need to turn on the computer.
- Plug the device power cable into the socket.
- Press the start button.
- You can also use the UPS in case of a power cut.
Connect Computer to Extender Network
- Once the computer is powered on properly, open the network list.
- Look for the extender network.
- Select the network to connect to it.
Open the Web Browser
- Now. you need to open the internet browser for the further process.
- The browser you use should be updated.
- You can use any one of these browsers, Chrome, Mozilla, Firefox, or Bing.
Access the IP Address
- In the address bar, type the TP-Link AX3000 default IP address.
- You can use 192.168.0.254 as well.
- Avoid making typos in the IP otherwise, you may face issues.
- Press the Enter key to access the Login page.
Log in to Extender
- The login portal of the device opens in which you need to fill in the username and password.
- The default credentials are often admin/admin unless you’ve changed them.
- Click on the Login button.
Check Firmware Version
- Go to the Menu.
- Click on System or Tools.
- Select the Firmware update.
- Look for the “Firmware Version”.
- Note down the current version for reference.
Download the Latest Version
- Open the new tab in the browser.
- Visit the official website of the device.
- Search for your extender model, which is AX3000 in this case.
- Go to the “Firmware” or “Downloads” section and locate the latest firmware version for your extender model.
- Save the firmware file to your computer.
- Return to the TP-Link AX3000 web interface in your browser.
- Navigate to the “System Tools” or “Administration” section, where you can find the option to update the firmware.
- lick on “Firmware Upgrade” or a similar option.
- Select the “Browse” or “Choose File” button and select the firmware file you downloaded in Step 2.
- Hit “Upload” or “Upgrade” to start the firmware update process.
Wait for the Update
The TP-Link extender will now start updating the firmware. This process may take a few minutes. Do not turn off the extender or interrupt the process.
Congratulations! Your TP-Link AX3000 extender firmware is updated successfully. Now you will get blazing-fast internet speed throughout the house. Plus, also get the best performance without any network and security issues.