TP Link vs Netgear: Signal Repeater Short Comparison
Signal repeaters are those network devices that help your home network routers to reach at their maximum WiFi signal speed. There are several brands that distribute signal repeaters worldwide some of them are Netgear, TP-link, Wireless-N and more others.
But here in this blog, we will do small comparison in-between two most used repeater brands that are TP Link and Netgear. In this full of differences blog, you will go through the TP Link vs Netgear repeaters features, setup, specifications and a small differentiation box at the last section. So, why are you waiting, let’s start with the features, In-box utility, and specifications.
Features And In-box utilities: TP Link vs Netgear
Get the information about the TP Link and Netgear extenders features and In-box things one by one.
TP-Link Features And Specifications
- TP Link range extender provides a main unit with antennas on it and a simple user manual to setup.
- You don’t need to use a power cord to supply electricity to the extender; it is a plug in device, just insert it in a wall socket directly.
- Wireless feature is available in this range extender, now you can connect it with your router through WPS network.
- Web interface, which you can easily access using your computer, laptop and phone is a main feature of the TP-Link range extender.
Netgear Features And Specifications
- Netgear Nighthawk range extender has similar features, but it also provides Ethernet cable in the box.
- It is also a plug-in device, but there are no antennas in some extender devices.
- You can connect the Netgear range extender wirelessly only to the Netgear router’s that support WPS, but some repeater didn’t have WPS option.
- It also provides web interface utility that you can access through your phone, computer and laptop.
Now, look at the setup differences of TP-Link repeater and Netgear repeater.
Setup Process: TP Link vs Netgear
From this section, you will grab the information about the Netgear and TP Link repeater installation process.
Netgear Repeater Setup
- You have to connect your Netgear repeater to your home router through Ethernet cable.
- Then insert the repeater into an electric wall socket and turn on the device by pressing the power button.
- Now, link your computer using LAN cable and Open an internet browser.
- Search 192.168.1.1 login IP address and you will directed on the login interface page.
- Enter the login details (username and password), which you can easily find in the user manual of the repeater.
- Computer browser will take you in the interface, where you can adjust the settings of the Netgear signal repeater.
This is the process of the Netgear extender installation process. Now, take a look at the TP-Link range extender setup.
TP-Link Repeater Setup
TP-Link range extender installation is similar to Netgear extender even easier to install in your home. Let’s see how you can setup TP-Link repeater through TP-Link Extender login interface.
- Follow the simple and same steps that are written above in the ‘Netgear repeater setup’ subsection to connect the devices with cable.
- To link your router wirelessly, you just have to hit the WPS button given on the router and extender.
- Then connect the computer or laptop to the extender, search the assigned IP address of the networking device.
- You can locate the IP address on the label as well as user manual along with the login credentials.
- Assigned IP address will take you to the TP Link login interface page. Here, you must enter login credentials (username and password).
- Enter into the interface and manage the settings and network of the TP Link range extender.
Now, we will describe some major differences between the TP Link and Netgear extender and then end this TP Link vs Netgear blog.
TP Link vs Netgear
|TP-Link Range Extender
|Netgear Range Extender
|It provides Wired as well as wireless connection to the ISP servers.
|Netgear device also provide wireless connections but with some routers.
|TP Link extenders give a web interface utility to setup easily.
|The Netgear extenders also give users web interface feature to install it quickly.
|TP Link login IP address and credentials (username and password can be find on the label of the device.
|Netgear extender interface can be login via one IP that is 192.168.1.1 and credentials can be found on the user manual.
Let’s End It
We have reached at the end lines of this blog, where you have learned differences between the TP-Link and Netgear extenders. In this TP Link vs Netgear blog, we have shared setup, features and major differences of TP-Link and Netgear network devices.