TP-Link Deco W7200 mesh WiFi: Installation Guide
TP-Link is famous for providing boosters, repeater, routers and mesh WiFi devices to the internet users. These network devices are used in offices, homes or apartments. But, here in this blog we only discuss about Home mesh WiFi system model of TP Link that is Deco W7200.
We will describe the TP-Link Deco W7200 shape, its LEDs, and setup in simple steps. This blog will start with the shape specifications, and then we will discuss which LED light shows what status. After that, we will get you through the installation process of the Deco device.
Shape Specifications: TP-Link Deco W7200
In this section, you will get knowledge of Deco mesh WiFi system shape and specification. Let’s get started.
- The mesh system has three nodes in which one node act as main router and others plays the role of boosters to the router.
- These nodes have LED light which indicates yellow, blue, green and red colors.
- The shape is cylindrical and at the back of the node you will find Gigabit Ethernet ports, power ports.
- Under the LED light you will see a reset and power button that help to reset the mesh system and power on/off the device.
Now, let’s have a look on what different lights color means in this down written section.
Lights Colors: TP-Link Deco W7200
There are different light colors that Deco mesh device indicates and these colors have different meanings.
Pulse Yellow: It means Deco mesh device is resetting.
Solid Yellow: It indicates that the TP-Link device is starting up or powering up.
Pulse Blue: When it pulse blue, then it means device is ready to setup.
Solid Blue: Solid blue means your network device is setting up.
Pulse Green: It means Deco system is upgrading firmware version.
Solid Green: If LED is indicating solid green then it means W7200 is all set and connected to internet.
Pulse Red: Pulsing red means Deco is disconnected from the main Deco router node.
Solid Red: If router’s LED light is showing red color then it means TP-Link Deco W7200 has a technical issue.
Now, have a look at how you can setup TP-Link Deco W7200 mesh WiFi system in down written section.
Installation: TP-Link Deco W7200
The setup process is so easy and simple which you can complete through your phone, computer and laptop. Simply, follow installation steps to complete the Deco device in your home.
Connect Deco to Modem
- Place the TP-link device near to the modem.
- Connect Ethernet cable to WAN port of router node and LAN port of modem.
Start TP-Link Deco
- After the connection, just turn on all the mesh nodes by connecting the power cords to the wall socket.
- Now, turn the mesh network system on by pressing the power button of the Deco nodes.
Link Your Laptop to Deco
- After starting the network of the router, link you computer to the Deco W7200 router via LAN cable.
- Then, open web browser and search tplinkdeco.net on the address bar of the browser.
- You will reach to the interface login page where you have to enter the credentials (username and password).
Access Web Interface
- Now, access the interface of Deco by typing login details, which you will find in the user manual.
- Click on the NEXT button, and get in to the interface dashboard.
Connect All Nodes
- Here, you have to connect the nodes first by choosing the nodes type of Deco W7200.
- Just add two Deco W7200 device child nodes and click on the Connect button.
After the connection, you must adjust its settings and networks through this same dashboard to complete the setup. TP-link provide web interface to all the users of the repeaters and routers as well. Repeater’s login URL is tplinkrepeater.net and router’s Login URL is tplinkwifi.net.
The End Lines
Let’s end this interesting and informative blog in which you have read about the TP-Link Deco W7200 mesh WiFi system. It contained shape, specification and simple setup steps. We are assuming that this blog have increased your knowledge about mesh system. Hope, you have decided to purchase this above mentioned incredible TP-link mesh router and booster system for your home.