Guide to Fix TP Link Repeater Slow Internet Connection Issue
Lately, a number of TP Link repeater users have been facing the slow internet issue. Are you standing in the same queue? Nodding your head in yes? Well then, worry not as we are ready to assist you. In this post, we have outlined some of the most efficient hacks with which troubleshooting the slow internet connection issue will become a piece of cake for you.
For your information, this blog is mainly referring to TP Link AC750 repeater. However, if you own any other TP Link repeater model, then the same hacks can be implemented.
[Fixed] TP Link Repeater Slow Internet Connection
1. Reboot Your TP Link Repeater
The biggest reason why you are experiencing the slow internet connection issue with your TP Link repeater is because of technical glitches. The good thing here is that you can easily eliminate them. How? Well, simply by rebooting your repeater.
The following guidelines will help you to reboot your wireless device:
- Switch off your repeater.
- Unplug your TP Link repeater from its existing wall outlet.
- For as long as required, wait.
- Thereafter, plug your AC750 repeater back into its power socket.
- Turn the power button on the device to ON.
Now, try to access any random website on your device. Is your internet still running slow? Well, in that case, you ought to move to the next hack.
2. Check the Ethernet Connection
Perhaps the Ethernet cable with which you have built a connection between your devices is damaged. To resolve the issue, you need to either tape up the cable or get a new one. If both of these options do not work for you, then verify if the cable is properly connected to the ports of your repeater and router. In case it isn’t, then do what is needed.
3. Place Your Devices in Proximity
Immense distance amidst your devices can also cause the TP Link repeater slow internet connection. By ‘devices’ we are referring to your repeater and router.
Therefore, consider unplugging your AC750 repeater from the socket it is plugged into as of now. Once done, plug it into an outlet located somewhere near the router. This will ensure that the signals between them are getting transmitted evenly.
4. Eliminate WiFi Interference
Cordless phones, washing machines, mirrors, treadmills, fish tanks, microwave ovens, televisions, baby monitors, refrigerators, and Bluetooth speakers are some examples of things that should not be placed near your TP Link repeater.
Wondering why? Well, they can interrupt or block the signals emitted from your AC750 wireless repeater thereby impacting its internet speed and leading you to the slow internet connection issue.
5. Perform TP Link Firmware Update
If even after walking through the aforementioned troubleshooting hacks, the issue at hand is still not rectified, consider updating the firmware of your repeater.
Fret not. Performing TP Link firmware update won’t take much of your time. Take a walk through the instructions outlined below in order to upgrade your device:
- Plug your TP Link repeater into a working socket.
- Turn on the device and then connect it to the router.
- Switch on your computer system.
- Open a web browser of your preference. Whichever you use, it should be updated.
- In the address bar of your browser, type tplinkrepeater.net.
- Hit Enter.
- Have you reached the TP Link login page? Good. Enter the admin details.
- Click Log In.
- The minute you access the TP Link AC750 setup wizard, go to Settings.
- Under the System Tools option, hit Firmware Update.
- The on-screen instructions will guide you through the rest of the process.
Right after updating the firmware of your repeater to its latest version, check if the slow internet connection got fixed.
Coming across the TP Link repeater slow internet connection has become quite common these days. But, there is no such issue that cannot be resolved. And this is one of them. We hope that you were able to get rid of it via the troubleshooting hacks given above.
On the off chance, you are not able to make full use of your repeater, then consider contacting our technical experts. They don’t care at what time of the day you contact them as they are always available to help out TP Link repeater users.