How to Hook Up TP Link WiFi Extender with Router for Setup?
If you are pondering how to hook up TP Link WiFi extender with the host router for the setup process, then you have landed on the right blog. Here, we have given the steps regarding the same in a much more profound manner. Simply walk through these steps and get a know-how of the process of connecting the networking devices for setup.
For your information, if you find yourself stuck while trying to execute the process, consider getting in touch with our experts. They have been trained to help out users struggling with TP Link extender-related issues. Considering this, they will surely be able to assist you.
How to Hook Up TP Link WiFi Extender for Setup?
1. WPS Method
The WPS method is the easiest way in which you can learn how to hook up TP Link WiFi extender to the existing router for the setup process. Here is how you can execute the process:
- Plug your TP Link extender into an electrical outlet.
- Locate the power button and then, press it.
- Before you can even blink an eye, the LED will glow.
- Find the WPS button on the TP Link range extender.
- Once found, press it.
- Do the same with the host router.
- As soon as that is done, change the location of your TP Link wireless range extender.
In this manner, you will be able to complete your learning regarding how to hook up TP Link WiFi extender to the router for the setup process.
2. Manual Method
Another method through which hooking or connecting the networking devices is possible is via the Manual method. The approach here is a little lengthy but the process is quite easy to understand. So, take advantage of it and walk through the below-mentioned instructions to gain insight on how to hook up TP Link WiFi extender to the router using the manual method:
- First of all, provide power to your device as you did in the WPS method.
- Hook up the TP Link wireless extender to the host router.
- You can do so with the help of an Ethernet cable as well as wirelessly.
- Switch on your computer.
- Open an internet browser like Google Chrome.
Whether you use Google Chrome or any other web browser, make sure that it is running on its updated version to prevent technical issues.
- In the address bar, input tplinkrepeater.net.
- Press the Enter key to proceed further.
- In no time, the TP Link extender login portal will appear.
- Enter the username and password of your device.
In case, you are not sure of the TP Link WiFi extender login credentials of your device, it is advised that you refer to the user manual which you got along with your TP Link extender.
- Click on the Log In button.
- The Quick Setup wizard will pop up with some instructions.
Go through them to complete setting up the TP Link extender setup using the manual method.
With that, we are ending our blog written on how to hook up TP Link WiFi extender to the host router for the setup process. We are being hopeful that you will be able to execute the process with ease. On the off chance, you are not able to execute it properly, waste no more time getting in touch with our team of professionals.